Thursday, April 26, 2012

The best month of the year!

 April is my favorite month.  It starts out with Easter.  Easter is full of fun, flowers, and the world pausing to recognize that the Savior lives.  It is a perfect start to the month.

We enjoyed it with Easter egg hunts and friend, actually we went to several.


 My friend and I signed up for a half marathon and I have been somewhat excited about the prospect of crossing the finish line. There was one set-back that has been frustrating me, and it has been my Iliotibial Band. Ever since my triathlon last August I've been suffering with this pain in my leg when I run, it had became debilitating.  I was not able to run more than a few yards at times, without having to stop.  I became obsessed with discovering a solution.  It took over my daily thoughts.  I studied this syndrome thoroughly and found that I might have a chance at running again if I tried a combination of new shoes, a new running technique, a few drugs, foam rollers,  stretching, icing. I decided to just try it all and.. it has worked so far!!!





 I was so excited about my "cure", I even ran 8 miles my birthday morning before we went to the Tulip Festival.  I find that joy is really in my family and my health.   My birthday was perfectly bliss.
 





3 comments:

Bobbidee said...

Happy Birthday! WOW! I LOVE the tulips---so beautiful! That is awesome you are running. I am glad you found something to help your pain. Hope it doesn't bother you anymore!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Happy Birthday! Ouch about your knee and Trenton's head!! You're such a great mom to make cake for stuffed animals' bdays :)

Gel said...

The tulips are beautiful! I missed seeing them this year! Glad you are feeling better so u can run!!Tell Simon hi for us!