
A rough day. Really rough. I know that they happen... I'm sure there will be many more. But, today was a personal challenge meant to either break me, or make me a stronger person. Trenton couldn't have been any more difficult. Everything was dramatic (that might be an understatement). Simon couldn't have been more fussy, needy, and more determined to be RIGHT next to big brother.
The funny thing was... on top of all this, every car was moving slower, every light turned red just as I got there. Costco was so full the parking lot looked like Saturday before Christmas. There was a minor fire at my sisters house after we had pictures taken... and the only really fantastic thing to come out of the day were these. The most wonderful birthday photos of Trenton. I wanted Birthday pictures, and this great photographer that I know delivered again.
If only you could have been there to see just how difficult he was being, and how hard it was to make him even look, or smile, or cooperate. Despite the trouble, I love him. I love his smile, his sweet moments, and I love that he makes me rise to every occasion.
Thank you Shonda! These are the images I'll keep in my head the next time I'm about to melt down!



11 comments:
Oh how I know those days all too well!!!! At least tomorrow is another day. Those are awesome pictures too.
Was everything ok with Shonda's house?
these are beautiful! Shonda is amazing.
I am so sorry to hear of such a horrible day....I guess the thing with being mommys there are a lot of bad days but their smiles, laughs, funny statements, etc make up for it all!
Love to you!
Oh wow! That first one in particular is so sweet. I'm sorry about your day. Hopefully you get to go out tonight to make up for it?
These are so cute and the birthday looks great. I can appreciate the cupcakes and hard work, so good job.
I had a day like that with Max yesterday, which is when I decided that I definitely want another girl. UGH! I feel your pain! BUT, those pictures are REALLY adorable, and he is such a cute boy! Our twin boys are really adorable.....maybe they should have their OWN photo shoot.
He looks like an angelic boy! :) Shonda sure has a talent of capturing the character ... these are so Trenton!
Gorgeous! You know what...I hear you on your day..I bet bedtime could not come soon enough! Hope the days have been better!
Those are darling photos. He looks sweet as can be, isn't it amazing how they can turn on you in an instant?
The pictures are beautiful, don't let the bad days get you down. This weekend i heard someone say that there will be a time when I will miss the piles of luandry, and toys strewn all over the house. I sure hope he is right!
sometimes motherhood feels like an eternal tunnel of torture. but i love how one sweet thing will negate the 99 horrible other things they did that day. i am certain you're an awesome mommy.
I love the pics! Shonda does a great job! By looking at these, I don't know how your handsome three year old could ever give you a hard time. Are you sure?
Post a Comment