Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Anniversary!


11 Years ago this month we starting dating!
8 Years ago today, we made it official!
I really didn't think we would ever end up HERE! It's been a fun journey together.

Here are just a few reasons (in no particular order) why I am so obsessed with him.

1. He doesn't usually get mad. Even when I shrink his favorite shirt in the laundry, or loose a tool that is important... he remains calm and collected. The only time you'll see him get a little red in the face is when he is golfing.


2. He changes diapers. The diapers that make most people crinkle their nose and make their ugly face. He handles these by quietly disappearing and coming out unscathed by the mess. Even when we were at the park the other day, no diapers, no wipes and diarrhea was the villain, he didn't even argue when I handed the babe over to him.

3. He laughs at my jokes when I'm not funny, and he makes me laugh all the time.


4. He looks more handsome bald than he did with that adorable Rico Suave hair he had when I met him.
(I think we both have aged well... if I do say so myself.. YIKES!)

5. He doesn't watch too much Sports Center and doesn't obsess over video games!


6. He is passionate (yes... use your imagination ladies). He he he... I'm referring to work! He works hard and is passionate about what he spends his time doing.


7. He likes being home. He purposely golfs in the wee morning hours to not take away from being with us in the evenings.


8. He still gives me butterflies. Sometimes when I kiss him I still feel like it is the first time. A little goofy, and I can still smell him. I think he smells GREAT!




Happy Anniversary my love! I feel like my life really started when I met you.
I love you more every day!

13 comments:

Christi said...

Happy Anniversary! I love all the old pictures. Hope you get to celebrate.

The Steffens Family said...

That completely made my heart smile! I remember those first moments....I wish I could have experienced so much more with you two. Such a beautiful couple with a even more beautiful family. Happy Anniversary!

Dana said...

OMG, those pictures! Wow times have changed! You guys have changed so much, but still...totally the same. I love it, I'm so happy I got to meet you both at the start of your relationship. Oh the memories......

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary you two! :) i am loving all of your old pictures! :) you two are such an adorable couple, so glad we met you!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Those first two pics don't even look like you Raina. 8 years - congrats! I love all the matching outfits, you guys are so fun!

Phoebe said...

So at one point you were both blonde? Love it!
The old pics are pretty much the best thing I've seen to day.

Timm Family said...

So sweet! Congratulations you guys!

Jana said...

Happy Anniversary!

Kristen said...

I love it! Those pictures...omgosh! Happy anniversary your two!!

j and k said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! WHat a darling couple-you two are so sweet and happy and we admire the way you take care of each other. By the way...I used my imagination, Emile...it's looking good. (of course, I'm talking about your job) kidding kidding

Mel said...

Happy Anniversary! What fun pictures. I love that you guys dress up together. What a great couple!

Jen said...

This is darling! You two are adorable! I love seeing these old pictures. How is it possible that you could look younger than you do now? So cute! You two are a great couple, and it is so great seeing people more in love after many years!

Emily said...

Raina! I've loved looking at your blog and learning more about you. i just wrote an email to Matt saying that we needed to move to your ward:) Thanks so much for taking the time to talk with me and give me info. You have a beautiful family.