Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Love

Being Valentine's Day and all, I thought I was being passed a love note by a stranger at church today....

Where's the love?
The funny thing is... our boys were REALLY great today! Our secret unadmirer's disapeared before we could thank them for their unsolicited advice.
I HOPE THEY HAVE A HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

23 comments:

Jes said...

Are you kidding me!?!? Was this note really for you? It had to have been a joke - your boys are awesome. lol. Either way, thanks for the laugh! -Jes

Kristen said...

Im sorry, this is freaking hillarious...If I got this note, after being so proud of my kids for being good, I would make sure to sit next to or conveniantly close by them every sunday :)

Christi said...

Seriously?!?!?! If that wasn't a joke soooo rude. I would sit next to them too all the time!

Mandy said...

If you sit in the back next week I'll be so mad! That is so nuts . . . I'll be talking about this all week!

Becca Jo said...

so did you know these people? that is so rude!

Laura said...

The NERVE!! I can't believe that. Sheesh -- look for someone old next week and sit by them :)

siddoway said...

wow! such christ like people.=) I would say they should listen as carefully as they can next week, because obvioulsy they are not listening at all in church. Don't you remember the part in the scriptures where christ asks the children to leave or sit in the back?? =)

Phoebe said...

I am dying! This is classic. We were on the opposite side of you guys so at least we weren't making them mad, too!
The funny thing is, you sit in the same spot every week. You think they would be smart enough to move themselves.

Phoebe said...

One roe thing...Did you notice all of the grammatical errors? Maybe you should correct it with red pencil and pass it back next week:) It had to be a teenager, giving you a hard time. Since Emile is a Seminary Teacher it comes with the territory:)

Fancy Nancy said...

I am still flabbergasted by this! Unbelievable!!! One for the books for sure. Front row next week for sure!

Stacy Fusitua' said...

Oh my goodness! I say take the note to the bishop! I can't beleive people are so rude! You know what they say the first place that Christ would go to if he was to come to church is the primary.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry....that is just so rotten for somebody to do :( i can't believe they actually gave you a note like that! ridiculous.

Mel said...

I don't quite know how to respond. I give full permission to trip this person in the hall next time you see them. I second Phoebe's comment about the grammar errors. Weird. You guys are great!

Jen said...

I love that you guys just let it roll off your backs. I'd be in tears. And, that is so rude and not at all in the spirit of Sacrament meeting. I hope they read your blog! Happy Valentine's Day anyways!

Train Gang said...

WHAT??? Jessica told me to go to your blog just to see this note. I'm totally appalled. But its funny to me because I think of who it was that wrote it...its probably someone who's an empty nester and who's kids aren't even active in the church so they are bitter that you ARE teaching your children gently how to enjoy church. Was that really mean of me to say to the author?

Bobbidee said...

I do not know whether to laugh or cry! Seriously if I got that I would be in tears since I am already paranoid about my four rambunctious children. But good grief that is just sad! I am glad you are being a good sport about it and would continue sitting where you want to. :)

noelle said...

nooooooooooo.... !!!! humans. seriously. unreal.

Erin said...

Say it isn't so. This is killing me, really!

BTW - your family pics are so cute. Those boys are darling.

Shonda said...

I keep coming back, just to look at it, and think, for real? REALLY PEOPLE! I want to come to your ward next week. I'll sit by that lady...she'll write me a book!

bontovi said...

OMG Raina...!!! I know that handwriting!!! I will be EARLY for the first time in 10 years just to sit my two little monkeys next to your family! I'm dying to get a letter like this! I'm thinking of responding with something like... "When your children were little, you didn't need a hearing aid in sacrament!"
I'll be bringing candy too!! :).. ..
Oh Raina.. you are such a wonderful person, because I'd forget I was in church at that point! Hope you know we love ya!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry! That is....well crazy! I can't believe they could be serious. They would never survive our ward. You need to come move into our ward, we take all kind of "spirited" kids. After all my kids are here and we have never gotten a note like that! Some people seriously I think forget what it is like to be parents!!! I really hope its a joke.

Jana said...

I think this note is pretty hilarious, especially considering that in our ward the kids make up like 60% of the people, I don't think we would all fit in the back. Maybe you should just consider not bringing your kids to church until they are a more "appropriate" age. I sure hope you do not go inactive after this note.... Let's talk, it's been forever.