Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer time

We finally said goodbye to this...



But we said "hello" to this...

The boys were SO excited they couldn't wait to sleep! This thrilled not only me, but my aching body from trying to lift out the old stuff before Emile came home from work. I was in a hurry to get the old stuff out so he couldn't turn around and say... "these beds are GIGANTIC" (which they are).
The boys have been playing in them non-stop! I have to tell you that Emile cringes at the thought of garage sales... but this one was worth it! We scored big time!!!


Maybe they are so exhausted because of swim lessons too. Simon gets to play with me on the side of the pool and he is actually enjoying it. I thought for sure he would be upset every moment he couldn't step foot into the water... but look at that smile!

And this one was taken right after he kissed me!!! I'll smooch those cheeks anytime, anywhere, and even if they have leftovers on them! I love kisses!


And Trenton is getting better and better!!


And while they swim.. I dream up ways to make cakes! I made this one for Emile's mom for her Birthday! It tasted so so yummy.. and I'll be making it again as soon as I have another good excuse.

10 comments:

Jen said...

Love the beds! So cool! I can't believe Simon is out of a crib! Darling! What? A garage sale??? No way. Love the swimming fun! That cake is gorgeous. You can make it for my birthday any time!

Christi said...

Those beds look cool!!! I bet they love them. You can come make me a cake, I won't complain.

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Excellent job on the cake! I hope everyone was satisfied :) And LOVE the bunk beds! We'll be in some too with our next move - has nobody fallen off the top??

Vixie said...

It all looks like so much fun!! The beds look awesome, we are almost there - That cake looks so yummy, if you need help sampling next time you make it, I will "take one for the team."

Bobbidee said...

That cake looks heavenly! The bunk beds look fun too! You'll be glad they have the railings even though they are a pain to change the sheets!

Dana said...

We want beds too! We are going to wait a little longer until Garrett will stay put, but it looks so nice! Its pretty sweet that you got them at a garage sale!
Glad to hear you are outside swimming, I hope the weather stays good for you! And way to go with you cakes, I'm totally impressed!

Laura said...

The big boy room is so adorable! Swimming is so fun for summer -- especially when they're figuring out their comfort zone in the water!

Kristen said...

Seriously you go the great bed at a garage sale? So jealous,,we are needing a bunkbed. Awesome that they love to sleep now!! :) I would love to lounge by teh pool with you and that handsome little man and that cake...I agree with Jen, you can make a cake for me anyday, I dont even need a bday excuse :)

j and k said...

You are the best couple ever! I of course adore you...you're the best, but it's amazing that Emile equals you in awesomeness! You are two fabulous people and congrats on the big day. Sounds like fun...and a picnic...so romantic Raina. I'm sure Emile was gushing! :-)

Fancy Nancy said...

Love all the updates! Everything looks great (cake, bed, kids, you two) and the anniversary looks awesome! Fun to catch up with you guys...