Saturday, February 05, 2011

Nosey

Before

After


I'm not sure what you did on Friday, but I had a wonderful sinus surgery. My good doctor fixed my deviated septum, removed some polyps and some other gross stuff that I won't go into detail on. The good news is I should feel better in couple weeks, the bad news is that in order to get to all the "stuff" the doctor had to drill through my cheek from under my lip. Apparently, I have the hardest face he has ever seen and he had to work so hard to break through that he cracked my face (not a joke). I now have a cracked cheek, pinched nerve that has numbed my face for who knows how long and the joys of nasal oozing. Thank goodness for anesthesia, Oxycodone and Emile who is taking great care of me.

10 comments:

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Oh no! That sounds terrible! I almost called you Friday to catch up but sounds like you were a little busy! I'm so sorry and hope you feel better soon! Wish I was there to help you out by taking your kids or something. And you look way to cheery in that before picture to be getting into that!

Stacy said...

You are much too young for a nose job! You don't have to make up this funny story just as a cover. Seriously, sorry to hear you are in pain.

j and k said...

Oh gosh Raina! But, look at you. You looked beautiful before, and how is it possible you even look good after? I can't imagine how terrible you feel, but at least you look good during torture. Poor girl. I can help in ANY way. I love you girl!

Bobbidee said...

That is soooo AWFUL! Hope you recover well! :)

Mandy said...

Ouch! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Timm Family said...

Yikes, sorry you had to go through all of that... I won't tell you what we did on Friday! Hope you feel better soon!

Dana said...

I had no idea! Oh my gosh, i hope your recovery is going ok. Its times like these I wish i lived closer to you so that I could HELP you =) Although I'm sure friends and family that do live close by helped ya out. I just get jealous that its not me! When can I call ya to see how you are doing?

Christi said...

Oh my goodness!!! I had no idea!! I hope you are feeling better and it works out great for you.

Jen said...

I am so sorry you had to go through all of that for sinus crap. REALLY, it would be worth it if it were plastic surgery. Of course, you are beautiful and don't need any of that work done. I hope you heal quickly, and you know how close I am if you need ANYTHING!!! Love you!

Laura said...

Raina - I'm so sorry... hopefully the pain is short lived, and you can have no more sinus issues... EVER!!