Saturday, August 20, 2011

First big ride



This is me after my first BIG ride! I went nearly 40 miles this morning at the break of day! I couldn't have done it alone though. My friend Marcie is an all-star biker, and is showing me the ropes. I feel... amazing after it is all done. Can't wait till next weekend's 62 miler!



We started by riding the ferry....


avoiding some low flying aircraft...


riding some hills past the cows, farms, llamas and watching the sun come up...


Rode a 130 ft elevator (only outdoor municipal elevator in US)




Cruised down some monster hills (after climbing them of course)...

Ended up walking the freeway to cross the river ...





Crossed through some of the most scenic parks around...


And ended up back at my doorstep!!!


6 comments:

Aspen said...

Hey I recognize that ferry, low flying aircraft sign and barn with the cows. You were totally in my neck of the woods! This is amazing that you can do this. Wow. Seriously must be an awesome feeling when it's done. Well done.

Sharon said...

Sounds like fun . . . and a lot of hard work. Way to go!

Kristen said...

what determination! You go Raina!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Again, wow! I can't say I even know where you were but it is both impressive that you woke up so early to do it and that you did it. Wow.

Dana said...

So happy for you! That is amazing, I don't go 40 miles anywhere but in a car. Impressed!

Anonymous said...

yay!! That is awesome!! :)