So, I had a wild hair the other day to try to bake something I saw
someone else do PERFECTLY! It required me to make fondant, which I've never worked with before, and it was supposed to turn out like this...

While it was fun to try, and I learned a lot. I managed to have a RAGING oven fire, cut my finger open, got red dye all over my tile counters and grout, destroyed the "truffles" into the melted chocolate... all while spending a small unnecessary fortune TRYING to make this.
At least I had fun...I have a few pictures to show... and I got to eat a little cake in the mean time.

This is the bottom of ONE of the pans that got burned up in the fire.

Here is the heart cake... fondant on... no truffles though.
11 comments:
Now I know not to try that. If you can't do it, I definitely can't pull it off!
I saw that the other day on her web site..which I love..and thought it was so cool. I'm not surprised at all that you tried it, and darn it, if the truffles made it on to your masterpiece, she would have had a run for her money!! I love that you attempted it, I think your heart box looks perfect!!
You are so, so much braver than I!
That is great that you tried it, I can't say I am looking at simple Valentine treats and not sure we will even get those attempted.
I saw that too! I thought about it for about a minute :) It looks good!
Look how good the cake turned out! So what if it doesn't have the little truffles on it! :) It looks great all by itself. Nice job attempting it! That looks like it was tough to do!
Well, I just read the tutorial, and am amazed and impressed that you even attempted it! You are awesome, and the next time, it will turn out perfectly, I'm sure! Way to take the fondant by the horns. Sorry about the fire! That is scary!
I would never even attempt it, which only shows how amazing you are. I mean, your cake is beautiful! And, I know next time you'll whip it out like little Martha...only without a house fire! :-)
Did you at least get to eat the melted truffles? Then I would say you were pretty successful...
I saw this on her site the other day too. I pictured mine turning out somewhat the way you described your experience. Thanks for testing it out for me. I almost decided to try it!
you have such ambition raina! give me some!
Post a Comment