Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Watch out Duff!

For those of you who aren't up on the Food Network's Ace of Cakes, the master cake maker is named Duff. He makes some pretty crazy cakes( ie snowboard terrain park, fire breathing dragons, tiki huts, etc.). I just wanted to state for the record that he better watch out! Here I come with my red roses, nicely arranged leaves, and dots. :D



This was all done in my new cake decorating class!!!
Just you wait and see what course #2 will bring!

18 comments:

Kristen said...

is there no end to your awesomeness?? You are too cool, this cake really WOULD give duff a run for his money! SO impressed.

Vixie said...

This looks so yummy .. you are going to pass Duff right up.

Bobbidee said...

That is AWESOME Raina! I am so impressed. :)

Alisha B. Whitman said...

A cake decorating class? How fun! That looks great - I'm impressed by your patience and steady hand!

Dana said...

Um......HELLO! Did you not just see my post on the terrible Thomas cake I just made! I KNOW how hard it is to do this I am impressed! You should start a your own store and kick duff's butt!

Fancy Nancy said...

NO WAY!!! Are you serious? You did that?!?!?! I might have to come over for proof, are you sure you did not just google gorgeous cakes and copy some pics? WOW! Bellissimo!

Jen said...

That is breathtaking. I want to look at it, and then eat it up. You are a natural. I KNEW you would rock, you little teacher's pet, suck up! You should open a little cake shop in town. I would totally frequent you!

Mel said...

Looks awesome Raina. Good for you for taking this up. P.S. anytime you need anyone to sample your work - just let us know! :)

j and k said...

You are amazing! Are you kidding with that cake? I can't even begin to imagine how much time and energy that took! Forget martha stewart...just start your own cooking show! And, Duff? Duff who? It's more like Chef Raina! It is such a beautiful cake!

Phoebe said...

I think you and Shonda can open a "Do-It_All" wedding shop! Maybe throw in a few banners for decor:)

Aspen said...

I love this! Where are you taking a class at? This is just amazing! I think I could take a dozen courses of your class and still not have a cake end up like this!

Anonymous said...

wow raina! that looks amazing! nice job!! :) i knew you would LOVE the class!!

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness - I am SO impressed. What talent AND patience. You go girl!

Mandy said...

Go Raina!

Erin said...

Where did you take such a class. I am certainly impressed, but not surprised. You are a girl of many hidden, or not-so-hidden talents. you're a rock star.

noelle said...

i'm speechless. truly speechless. i have not one crafty, handy, creative bone in my body.

Jana said...

Hey! You are so talented, seriously I am always so impressed by all your new endeavors, sewing, graphic design, photography, and now cake decorating? It's been too long, thanks for the phone call and I will get back to you ASAP, why does life get so crazy that it takes you two weeks to call a dear friend back.

Kookles said...

That is very impressive. I am horrible at cake decorating, so pretty much I am jealous.