Monday, August 24, 2009

Behind a photo

Here it is!!! A new family photo! We were so excited to be at the beach this weekend, and to have a photographer in house. This is what we came away with, but let me tell you what is actually behind each one of us.



Trenton, boy was he anxious. He did not want to sit still for two seconds. This picture was captured precisely between him yelling "Let me down" and "I wanna go play". I did feel bad, He had been awaken from a nap and was barely content finding "pirate treasure" in the sand before we rudely forced him to take this photo.



Simon... this child is ... a handful! He is actually screaming here. He was shivering, angry, tired, and only happy for this very brief moment because he had a Tic-Tac in his hand and somehow he heard us say "cheese".
(I can't believe this happened at the same moment Trenton smiled!)



Me... I am a master ventriloquist! I am begging them "please smile boys!" "One more smile and you can have another candy." "Trenton, one more and we'll find treasure!"



Emile... frazzled. He may not look it, but those eyes are ready to run away. Two boys crying and a wife grumbling threats and rewards get pretty old very quick!

13 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that photo!! What beach were you at? You would never know what was behind it, its perfect! To get both kids smiling at the same time though? THATS a miracle I have yet to see with mine:) Great photo! :)

Christi said...

Perfect!!! I am so jealous, it looks great. I love that Simon is happy with a tic tac!

Phoebe said...

It doesn't matter HOW we get the picture as long as we get it!

Vixie said...

That is an awesome picture and I love that you explained what is behind each face. It will be something to enjoy and laugh at for a long time.

Fancy Nancy said...

Very cute you hot mamma! I love beach photos because I am such a beach girl! You have so many fabulous family photos with so many great memories with them. Thanks for always sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture! it turned out amazing, whatever happened behind it, you just need to do that same exact thing for every family picture and you'll be set!

j and k said...

Hey, well you had me fooled! What a great photo...you'd never know there was any bribery or anything! :-)
Seriously-it's a beautiful photo and the kids and you guys are as darling as ever. But, I'm loving how you told the behind the scenes. It makes for a cute scenario!

Sharon said...

Sounds and looks like it was all worth it.

Connor and Jana said...

That is such a cute picture. I assume that Shanda took the picture. She is very talented! I love the picture. It is priceless!

Laura said...

Gorgeous fam!! I love the ventriloquist comment - so classic!! I try to do that too when taking pictures, you must have mastered it, because you'd never guess you were talking underneath that smile!!

Dana said...

I really like your photo, and I'd be doing the same thing. The last time we tried to take a family picture was almost a year ago! It good to know about the tic tac i'll have to try it.

Jen said...

darling, you pull this all off without a hitch. Impressive. You are gorgeous, Raina, I'd hate you if I didn't love you so much. Emile, what can I say, you are a doll (hopefully that didn't cross any lines!) and those boys....UGH, I could eat them with a spoon. I think you have an AWESOME photographer too!

Aspen said...

We know all your secrets now Raina! :)