Monday, November 14, 2011

Texas


I love the picture above! Would you ever guess we are in Texas?
We paddle boarded everyday and played at the beach in between.



Below is Trenton fishing. Lee and Sarah knew just what to get Trenton for his birthday and got him his very own fishing pole. It is not the one in the picture... but Trenton fished morning, noon and night with his new pole (so did Emile). The fish were HUGE and took real work to reel in at times. You can see more fishing pictures here.

Lee had a kayak for the kids and I'm pretty sure the kids thought they had really hit the jack pot!




They set sail... for a short time anyways. Doesn't the boat look beautiful!

Trenton surfed like a rockstar! This picture doesn't do it justice. He is so amazing!



We had yummy smoothies on the pier and found some delicious food on the island!


Simon surfed (aka body boarded). He isn't as thrilled about getting his head wet, but the warm water and peer pressure gave him a boost of confidence I have not yet seen out of him.




Sarah was sick for some of our time together so when she felt well enough she joined us on the boards and I am certain she had the kids laughing harder than I have heard them in a long time. They loved playing off the dock with her!

Emile and Lee.
Brothers?
It is kinda hard leaving this place when we know that we won't get to see Lee and Sarah anytime soon. The weather, water and fun is hard to leave as well when we know Portland is looking chilly from now until June.

No comments: