I'm back!!! This will be the first post of many. My family was generous enough to take us on a vacation back to Italy and North Africa. My father-in-law was born in Tunisia to an Italian family. So, we started there.... here are a few pictures to give you a taste. As I add to the blog, you'll see all the fun we had in Italy.
Here's just the start.. and first... let me thank my family for truly the trip of a lifetime.






Hammam Lif is where my Father-in-law was born, and we stayed near this small town. I was nervous about our time there, but I am humbled at the kindness and generosity we found there. While visiting, we were put in a few sticky situations, and because of some amazing kindness and maybe a little good will from their Ramadan, I feel ashamed that I was so afraid of them. These faithful people should be admired for their devotion and commitment, and I am happy to say they were extremely kind and some of the most misinterpreted people. I hope to pay it forward someday with the kindness they showed us.
5 comments:
I am so jealous!!!!! It looks like you guys had fun. I want to see more pictures and hear about the stories!!!
I wish I could hate you because you got to go on this trip, but I never could. And I am so happy you had such a good, safe time, and that there was nothing to worry about! Awesome pictures and we will just have to talk very soon so I can hear about it. Call when you are settled back in. Love Jana
Oh Raina! We missed you! I can't believe you got to go on a "grown up trip" to all of those beautiful places. Your pictures are absolutely amazing! We are glad you are back and safe! I bet that Trenton's glad too!
Raina, welcome home! We are so glad you are back and so glad you had a wonderful time. It looks like an amazing trip. I would love to hear all about it.
Good idea to wear the tight clothes in Tunisia, Prego! The faithful Muslims thought the worst of you, and the infideles thought of killing Emile & kidnapping you. -I'm just jealous I didn't go.
Post a Comment