Saturday, December 27, 2008

We had an Arctic Blast

Then, we came home to THIS!!! I have NEVER seen such a sight! This was a LOT of snow. We went from making castles to snowmen, and we feel pretty fortunate we missed the first Arctic Blast of ice and freezing temperatures.


We were without power for 2 days, until Christmas eve when we were able to celebrate our family tradition of having a birthday cake in celebration of our saviors birth. We love this season, and this reason to celebrate. We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas.



All the fun in the snow didn't stop, and Emile thought it was so funny to jump over everyone. Thanks for not landing on any of us!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Crazy weather. I feel like I am on another planet and have not had contact with anyone for years! I love your pictures. It looks like you acclimated quickly! I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas! Way to focus on what it's really about. We decided after Christmas day this year that next year we need to make a few adjustments...love the little baby Jesus figurine!

Kristen said...

What a shock that must have been to go from heat to such cold :) Looks like you all made the best of it though, fun fun pictures! And I love that you make a birthday cake for christmas, what a fun idea!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Happy white Christmas! Sorry you were out of power. I'm really amazed your flight made it in - how fortunate! I like the cake idea too!

Ronald & Laura Jones Elia said...

Love the snow pictures and your slide show it is so cute. You are amazing with your blog! We need to catch up and get together soon.