Friday, September 05, 2008

Looks sweet huh?



Don't let this face fool you!

He doesn't sleep through the night and I'm about to kill him. He is strong, smiley, and fun until 2 am. Then, I don't care if he looks like the cudelyist little bundle of joy or not... that is an hour that I am SICK of seeing. Oh, and 4 am is not a time of day I'm a fan of either.

Dr. Weisbluth, from "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child", was my only hope this morning, to which I opened him up and found in big bold letters... "WARNING! Sleep problems in children may cause maternal depression." Not exactly ground breaking and almost humorous as I was crying while reading this. I'm not yet seriously depressed, but not exactly thrilled about this current situation, although I'm a little more irritable, and dreaming of a night where I don't move until the sun comes up.

12 comments:

Jen said...

Give Trenton some earplugs and let him CRY IT OUT. Am I the meanest mom ever? You deserve a good nights sleep, and I am pretty sure Simon won't be any worse for the wear if he misses a feeding. By the way, where have you been? It feels like we haven't talked in ages.....

Alisha B. Whitman said...

I am so sorry. Meri was a twit like that too for WAY too long and I cried. And turned movies on and slept on the couch during the day. Terrible I know. And resorted to chocolate ice cream. Do you need some?

Kristen said...

His face fooled me. SO sorry about your lack of sleep!

Mandy said...

Two words . . . Doctor Ferber.

Christi said...

He is such a cutie!!! That sucks he isn't sleeping through the night. I am sorry. Alice isn't either if that makes you feel better!

Poe said...

He's so stinkin' cute! When you figure out how to get him to sleep through the night, please call me. We need help at our house too. Mommy's getting cranky.

The Steffens Family said...

Hey there stranger....I too have had a few of those nights...along with the sobbing from being so tired I am delirious. It will pass and sleep will once again be your friend!

Missing you!!!

p.s. your boys are the cutest! Can't tell who their dad is can you?? :)

Shonda said...

I'll take him! He keeps me fooled!

Dana said...

I'm so sorry!!! But I might agree with your friend jen to let him cry it out. He is old enough right? If it makes you feel any better, Garrett for the first time decided to go from 11:00 to 5:00 with no feeding and i'm sick with a cold and was tossing and turning all night long. Sometimes life isn't fair! I feel your pain and have cried about it as well.

Fancy Nancy said...

Come on Mommy, he just wants to play!!! My heart goes out to you, after so many sleepness nights you just kind of hit the wall don't you? But how can you get mad at a face like that?

j and k said...

He 100% has me fooled. I'd take him off your hands. Actually, did I just say that? Those nights are deathly. Hence the reason I've had a perpetual eye twitch for the last 9 years. I'm sorry you're in the thick of it. It's time for you to get a solid sleep!

Jen Demaris said...

He is getting so big!!! Cute pics! How have you guys been! We are loving Sherwood!