Monday, September 22, 2008

why oh why

"Smile..." "Please look here and smile!" "I'm gonna gettcha...I'm gonna tickle you unless you smile".
oh... I tried SO hard! Why do they NEVER look at the camera? How do they know to fold their arms and act like that?

Since the photo didn't turn out, I can at least report that after a nasty cough and cold blasting through our house... I finally slept through the night! You may think this is silly to blog about, but it has been probably 1 year since I have slept from 10:30 until 6:45 without interruption. This feels like a day for celebrating.

10 comments:

Connor and Jana said...

That does call for celebration! Sleep is a very presious thing. Way to go Simon. Your boys are so cute! I miss seeing you guys each week!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Amen. Nothing silly about it. That is indeed cause for celebration. And I too would like to know how to get my two girls to look at the camera. Classic that Trenton looks like he's downright refusing, not just accidentally missing the moment.

Jen said...

Yay for sleeping through the night. I am terrified of starting that phase again! The picture is hilarious, almost better than if they both looked! Cutest boys!

Shonda said...

Classic...classic! Got to love that! Did you try blowing bubble gum, while standing on your head? Just kidding. I don't think it would have been better if they looked. It's perfect.

Christi said...

I am so glad that you got to sleep though the night!!! That is awesome. I love that picture. Trenton is so big!

Bobbidee said...

Oh it is not silly! My two yr old comes in 2 or 3 times a night, my baby sleeps great--for now. I think it deserves celebration!!!

Poe said...

You give hope to so many mommies out there who are craving a night's sleep! We'll all celebrate your success together! WHOO HOO!

Kristen said...

sleep is a rare thing with a baby, yeah for you!! I think the picture could not be more perfect! I would love one of my kids folding their arms in defiance, its brilliant :)

Dana said...

I'm so happy for you, I can totally relate to no sleep. Garrett is still getting up but he doesn't eat, he just wants to have something to suck on and for me to rock him. I hope that you have many more nights to come that are untouched by the sound of children!

The Steffens Family said...

This picture looks like every picture I have in my house! My girls never look at me at the same time...and they sure don't smile much!

Cute picture though! It captures real life!!!!

Hugs!