Friday, April 16, 2010

What a day!

It started with these three magnificent boys!


They woke me up early to hugs and kisses, and shortly after we headed off.
Off to eat! This bistro is just perfect; the atmosphere, the food, and the city in the morning were all pretty fun.


After a perfect breakfast, we went to some shops and then stopped for a little ice skating. This is something Emile and I have NEVER done together... and it might be the last time too. (Please enjoy how dorky we were in the video below).




Our sore feet needed a good massage. So, away we went. I'm pretty sure we were both in a coma after it was all over.


After the coma... we needed to fill our bellies again.
The crab and the sushi almost did us both in!




But to top it all off... we went and enjoyed a movie!
I felt like a teenager... or like we were newly weds... either way, I sure didn't feel 30!



The next night we had a fun party with family IN our house! Yes... I bolded the word IN because we moved furniture out and brought a table in just for the occasion. This has never happened before. It was extra special!



These are a few of the clips from the day.
Hope I'm not too embarrassed that I posted this later.

(BTW... Don't you just love where the video is stopped... right on Emile's rear!)


Untitled from Raina on Vimeo.

9 comments:

Phoebe said...

What a great way to celebrate your birthday! Glad it was happy.

Tiffany said...

Yeah! Happy 30 to you! I got the biggest smile on my face when I read your comment on my blog...I think about you EVERY year too! In fact I was just telling my family (on April 14) about how I always got jealous (in a good way) that when my birthday was over, yours was just starting. No fair. I'm a birthday person...I wish they could last a week. Anyway, looks like you had a perfect 30th and BTW you look fabulous! Seriously...you still look the same...after a few kids...not fair. I have decided to embrace being 30. I was not excited, but now I have convinced myself they are going to be the best...the best is yet to come girl. I'm right there with you. Love you Rain...say Hi to Emile for me. I miss you guys. Tiff
(ps. is it true you are starting up a little business with Rochelle? If so...sweet. I'm excited and want to know more...you guys are so talented.)

j and k said...

SO fun! You guys are like the most fun parents ever-and the cutest couple! I'm so glad you had a blast on your bday and may the 30's be good to you! You're a smokin hot ice skater! :-)

Dana said...

Oh watching that made me miss you guys so much! I LOVED listening to simon sing to you for a moment. Emile I swear don't EVER change, I can just see him being a speed skater and you laughing at him as he falls down! I loved it! Can we get together now?
And you look wonderful by the way!

Jen said...

That was such a fun video, and what a fun birthday! You guys are so fun, young, and hip. I LOVE it. I can't wait to celebrate with you soon!

Anonymous said...

what an amazing birthday for you!! LOVED all the pics! i sure miss you! the video was fantastic! (as always!) and your little family is so so sweet. thanks for sharing. Happy 3-0!!

Laura said...

Now if that's not the way to live up turning 30, then I don't what is!! I'm totally going to replicate that in a few months for my 3-0. The video was classic, and I loved your aggression on the pinata! LOL

Way to live up the birthday!

Mel said...

Happy 30th Birthday! Looks like so much fun. Isn't nice to have a nice long date for your birthday? I love your mad ice skating skills. :)

Kristen said...

what a day...YOU'RE NOT KIDDING!! Can we be you and Emile..just for a day..please? You two are TOO much fun! I love it!! I wish I could celebrate your birthday with you late..maybe next year. What a fun day..you DEF deserve it!!