Thursday, July 24, 2008

A party!

My sister, my aunt, and I threw a party for my cousin who is pregnant with her first baby. I love babies, I love parties, and I even love being pregnant... ... ... sometimes. Here are the things I miss about being pregnant...

1. everyone touching me
2. getting to know every bathroom, everywhere I go
3. my ability to smell even the most marvelous scents from quite a long distance
4. my ob/gyn
5. advice from strangers
6. my wardrobe
7. seeing myself grow larger; daily (who doesn't love that?)
8. reading/collecting baby name books
9. having to find my toes to see the pedicure
10. baby games at parties!

So, in preparation to throw a party, I figured out how to make a diaper cake! Can you guess how many diapers are in the cake? (this was our ONLY game!)


Yes... Chocolate dipped strawberries & pretzels. A personal favorite with a great excuse to make them.



Isn't this cake cute? I had NOTHING to do with it, but I couldn't help but take a picture. Too cute.
It almost makes me want another?!?

6 comments:

Christi said...

That is a really good diaper cake! Who made the other cake that is really cool.

Jen said...

Ok, I guess you can throw me a party, quit begging..... I LOVE the diaper cake. Pretty and practical. And, since I am in the middle of pregnancy, let me assure you that you are not missing a thing.....I am missing my waistline, my hair, my skin, and yes, my toes. You are an awesome host. Did you do this in your backyard? I've been wondering where you have been!

Whit said...

Thank you so much for throwing such a wonderful party! I loved to and your cute presents you made for baby! You are so creative.

Raina said...

Christi... my aunt worked her magic with a local bakery and concocted this masterpiece! What a fine job they did too. :D

Fancy Nancy said...

that diaper cake is awesome! what a great idea...

The Steffens Family said...

Ok....so can you fill me in on how to make a diaper cake??? I would like to make one for a baby shower for my friend....but what the heck do I do?? :)