Friday, May 30, 2008

19 GRAMS!?!

19 grams of Fiber? That's what the Dr ordered. Little kids are supposed to have that much per day. Adults, 25. You will realize how impossible this is when you see that apples (with skin) only have 2.1.
One cup of brown rice has 1.2.
1 cup corn has 2.8.
1/4 cup raisins have 2

You see... right? And, if anyone needs advice for the problem I dealt with in the last 24 hours, I think I might be an unfortunate expert. We have seen laxatives, suppositories, and yes... even an enema.

If anything good has come out of this, we DID find a delicious fiber bar with 9 GRAMS of fiber. They are REALLY delicious and currently on sale at Safeway 4 boxes for $10. You better hurry, because I'm going to buy them out by the end of the day.

3 comments:

Alisha B. Whitman said...

We love those fiber one bars! Jell calls them mama snacks, and we buy them at Costco in bulk. One of the fiber one cereals isn't bad too, the one with the honey clusters and it has like twice as much fiber per serving. Sadly no chocolate though. And sadly we too are experts but the other way to make the 19 grams for kids is to buy the bread that has 5 grams per slice. Sounds scary but it doesn't taste that bad.

Dana said...

Does he like cereal? Our rains bran has like 7 grams in one cup. I am so sorry, I hope that you can find something to work.

Jen said...

Holy cow, I know that my kids are not getting half the recommended amount! Oh dear, but they already poop too much, times two, I don't know what would happen if they ate fiber bars! I hope Trenton is feeling better soon!