Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Cinco De Mayo

I love living in a place where we look for any excuse to celebrate! And, I think that Cinco de Mayo is a perfect time to get together, and have some fun.

Our good friends, the Poe's had us over for a Cinco de Mayo party with this cool pinata! Isn't it cute?


Avery and Trenton were not the greatest at hitting the pinata, but they quickly starting enjoying it more when they realized there were treats inside.



These two nerds are the ones that really went crazy. I'm so glad they invited us for the fun, food, drinks, and music! I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the margaritas (virgin of course), the tacos, dips, chips, etc.

Does anyone even know what Cinco de Mayo is a celebration for? Have you ever even seen any native Mexicans celebrating this holiday before? I think I usually just see American's (like us) in our yards, celebrating their holiday because we can. :D Whether you know what you're partying for or not, I hope you all had a happy Cinco de Mayo!


3 comments:

Alisha B. Whitman said...

I think it's so funny you know the Poes. We went to high school with Alex. Oh and come to think of it, I don't know what the holiday is about either.

j and k said...

I wish I had been so clever. Any excuse for a party is a good one. Looked like fun!

Poe said...

The blog looks fab! And the pics of the boys (our husbands)crack me up. Classic.