
Today is Mother’s day and on this special day, I have had the opportunity to look forward and think about where I want to be as a mother. What kind of values I want to instill in my children, and I have also had the opportunity to do a lot of reflection on my own childhood. The good thing, is that we all had or have a Mother. What did she teach you, what wonderful memories do you have of her? I am grateful for my mother. She taught me some of life’s most important lessons. To name a few, she taught me that Jesus Christ is the Son of God; that prayer and scripture study are the keys to finding peace, stability and answers in life. I am grateful for all the times that she made a conscious effort to let the spirit into our home. It did make a difference, and I hope that as I raise my children that I can have that same influence on them. I am grateful that my mother taught me to believe in myself, to be responsible, to celebrate others and their accomplishments. She taught me to banish bitterness, and to set my standards high. She has never stopped being a mother. Somehow I thought that when I became an adult that I wouldn’t need my mother as much as I did as when I was a child, I was wrong. I find myself appreciating what my mom has to offer more now than I ever have before. I find myself calling on her and asking how long to cook the pork for, or how to deal with teething a baby. My mom was born to be wonderful.
6 comments:
Love the new blog. Love you. We just need to catch up. I am finally home for 5 minutes so we will catch up.
LOVE the storyboard Raina, that is the funnest set of three!!! You are a wonderful mom, and you write such beautiful things..I hope your day was as wonderful as you are!!!
The new look for your blog is great. And amen to the fact that I seem to need my mom more now, especially since becoming a mom. I so prefer asking her to looking in a parenting book!
Great pics! They are so "tara." I love the colors too. I'm jealous. I really want some cute pics of me and my girls.
How cute is your little family! You were made to have beautiful babies! THey are SO cute! And, you're equally as good as that mom of yours-sweet, kind, hilarious, beautiful, talented-all of it!
That is so sweet and I LOVE your pictures with your kids. I need some of those for proof that I was even a part of their childhood at all! You are a great mom, Raina!
Post a Comment