Thursday, January 31, 2008

Just the beginning...

So, it's been a week. I had my first really stressful moment today and it made me appreciate all the mothers who have more kids than I do. It was a short moment, but it made me feel like I had just ran a marathon.

Trenton AND Simon need to eat lunch. So, I made sure to have Trenton all set up so he was happy while I fed Simon. This may be TMI, but I needed to pump. While hooking myself up like an animal to "the machine", Simon is getting really hungry and starts into his crying fit. Trenton starts yelling for juice and is so upset that I'm not responding so he starts chucking his food over board. The dog is now barking to go outside. I finally give in... unhook myself and tend to everyone.

After finally finishing, I have a bottle to give to Simon but can't give it to him yet, and Trenton is now ready for a nap. I quickly get him down, and I realize that my house is a mess, I need to feed Simon still... and I have company coming in 15 minutes! Yikes. Why does everything always happen like that?

I actually managed to get Simon fed, the house relatively picked up before anyone came to my door. I have a feeling this is just the beginning.

10 comments:

Phoebe said...

You are doing fine! Relax, ask the company to come on in and lend a hand picking up and realize that sometimes EVERYONE (including yourself) is going to be crying. Once you accept this, life is just easier.

BTW Simon really is a beautiful baby.

Jen said...

I second Phoebe's notion, and raise her one.........you go take a nap EVERY time they are both sleeping. You deserve it. You are going to have moments like those. You are a great mom, and so sweet all of the time, you will be rewarded for your perserverance.

Kristen said...

Great advice! Its a good thing there are more easy times than stressful, otherwise I dont think anyone would have any more children. You are a wonderful Mom, It will get easier, it really will :)

Poe said...

I love the honest truth! Thanks for sharing! I'm calling you soon... been trying to give you breathing room. :) But I'm thinking of you constantly! Simon is STUNNING!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

You're great Raina. Just keep those expectations of what you can get done low. Your kids are beautiful and healthy. Coop tells me on hard days that all he really asks is that we're all alive when he gets home. Hopefully I can manage a bit more than that, but if not, it's all good.

Christi said...

You are doing great!!!!!!! Believe me I am sure it will all be ok. Simon is so cute, and of course so is Trenton-that is just a given :)

Christi said...

You are doing great!!!!!!! Believe me I am sure it will all be ok. Simon is so cute, and of course so is Trenton-that is just a given :)

Jana said...

Ha ha, I still remember you coming to my house during the middle of the day to drop something off for our new house, and both kids were crying, I was all greasy from not showering for a couple of days, and laundry was all over the floor. I can still see the look in your eye, I think scared was the look, little Trenton was not even born yet...... Now here you are, welcome. And he is soooooo cute. Those pictures are awesome, and I think you have another little Trenton on your hands. Loves!

[RochelleG] said...

Sometimes it just takes the first little bit to get into the groove of being a mother of two. You're awesome and so sweet.

noelle said...

ahhhhh... i know that scenario all too well. i have to remind myself that someday i may be wishing that screaming and demanding children were my only problem... :) your little ones are so sweet and beautiful!